Wednesday, October 5, 2011

White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

So, my friend has been bugging me to make her cookies with lots of nuts, since forever. But I hate nuts, so I haven't made them yet. I have a surprise gift to give her tomorrow and she asked if they were cookies. It wasn't, so I guess I can make them for her now. :) I consulted my new Martha Stewart cookie book:


There's also a Martha Stewart Pies and Tarts book and a Martha Stewart Cupcakes book. Since I think Martha Stewart is a genius, I bought all of them. :)

This recipe wasn't too nutty, with some different things mixed in and I thought it would be interesting. To start, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix butter and sugars in a mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth and creamy.


Mix in eggs one at a time until combined, Stir in vanilla.

Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl. Gradually add dry mixture into the mixer until combined. Stir in oats, chocolate, coconut, raisins and walnuts.


Drop batter by using 1.5 scoop, leveling off the top, 2 inches apart, into parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Since this recipe is full of additions, the additions in ratio to the batter is greater so when the cookie bakes, it doesn't spread out much. By flattening it, it gives you the shape of the cookie, instead of a pile mound of a cookie. Unless..you like that look. :)


(preflattening..)

Bake cookies until golden, 14-18 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine browned pretty good on the bottom at 14 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.


chock full of goodies!



I don't like raisins or walnuts and combined that with coconut and oats, it all just sounded so weird to me but..It was actually surprisingly good, every bite came with a mouthful of everything, and it went well together! It was a tad bit sweeter than I anticipated. To cut back some sweetness, you can use unsweetened coconut flakes instead. Enjoy!

Ingredients for White Chocolate-Chunk Cookies

-1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
-1/2 granulated sugar
-1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp coarse salt
-2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
-2 cups white chocolate chunks
-1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
-1 cup golden raisins
-1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 4 ounces)

2 comments:

  1. Just had a bag of these dropped off on my desk. Two minutes later... an all empty bag. Kudos! So freakin' good! - SEYao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make the crack pie if you come and eat it! :) Simon, I need somewhere to take all these baked goods, so I'll be coming by your work..hahaha...thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete