Monday, October 10, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

My dad left for Taiwan today. I am so jealous..wish I was there. Few days before, I called and spoke with my cousin, his wife and 9 year old girl to ask if they needed/wanted anything from here for my dad to bring. The girl wanted cake pops and cookies..because she sees all the photos I post on FB. haha. So before I had to take my dad to the airport today, I baked some double chocolate chip cookies for them. I've baked these a million times before, and everybody loves them. They're filled with chocolate cups and pecans and very chocolatey. :)

To start, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the cocoa, then the egg. Scrape down bowl if needed.


In small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts into the dough.


I buy whole pecans and chop them up to save a lil bit of money. :)


Use a 1.5 inch scoop for uniform cookies, leveling off the dough before dropping them on parchment lined baking sheets, 3 inches apart.


Bake for 10 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.


Enjoy! :)

Ingredients for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
-4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (preferably Dutch processed)
-1 egg
-1 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
-1 cup large pecan pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment