Monday, August 27, 2012

Mini baked donuts

I saw these mini baked donuts on My Baking Addiction.Com. The donuts looked so cute, I immediately decided that I needed one of those Wilton mini domnut pans. Like I needed another pan. I think I need another closet in the garage..or a new house. :)So I used my 50% off coupon at Michaels this past weekend and couldn't wait to make them. I think anything mini makes everything that much cuter. I actually used the recipe printed on the packaging of the Wilton pan. Since these are baked and not fried, the texture is more of an airy, sponge cake. And they turned out, too cute. I dunked them in a sugar glaze, then some in chocolate. Love it!!


Ingredients

-½ cup granulated sugar
-1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
-1¼ tsp. baking powder
-¾ tsp. salt
-½ cup buttermilk
-1 egg, lightly beaten
-1½ tbsp. butter, melted
-½ teaspoon of vanilla

Directions

Prepare pan with baking spray. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.


Stir in sugar mixture. Add buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla and stir until just combined.


To fill the little donut cavities, you can use a piping bag, a little teaspoon is good, or I used my small dough scoop. Helps get the dough out of the scoop easy.


(it looks greasy because I used a baking non stick spray. No worries, not because it's greasy :D)

Bake 4–6 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched.


Aren't these so cute?!?!

Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish the donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar. These donuts are more dense and cakey, because it's baked not fried. I guess it's a bit healthier haha. or ALOT healthier!

This one was a simple vanilla glaze: powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water. I used regular vanilla instead of clear vanilla accidentally, so it made the glaze a bit tan-ish..oops. But still delicious nonetheless :D


Then I dipped some in chocolate!!


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment