Sunday, August 26, 2012

50th Bday Party!

Another 50th Birthday party for my neighbor's friend! I was told that she is a soprano singer in her church choir and that it was a yellow and gold theme (that seems to be a popular color combination so far!! :D)

She wanted a G Clef on the chocolate covered oreos. Good thing my parents (mom) used to make me play piano so I knew exactly what that was. I knew that was going to pay off one day! Haha. So it was easy for me to pipe it on with a 2 tip and a piping bag, with yellow chocolate.


She also wanted the cakes pops I had made for her previously..but instead of the flowers I had been doing, I put music notes on it!


Then I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. She liked the fondant toppers for the baby shower I did and wanted it similar to that..The music notes were from the cricut, the letters and numbers from mini cutters and the G Clef was just rolled out into thin ropes and free hand formed, as well as the microphone!

I like to frost the Red velvet cupcakes with the big tip for a smooth swirl:


The chocolate buttercream is frosted with the 1M tip for a ruffled swirl.




No comments:

Post a Comment