Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blueberry muffins

The only thing I do like about work right now is that I get to bake and bring whatever I bake to work and everyone basically gets to be my guinea pig. :) I come in at work at 6am. The rest of the guys in the unit come in at 3am. Yes. 3am. The weirdest hours I've ever heard of. It's supposed to be temporary, because there's been a spike in burgary from motor vehicles during that hour. I don't envy them. I would hate those hours. You don't have a normal life. So when one of them suggested that I bake something breakfasty, since they get pretty hungry in teh morning, I thought, that's a good idea. So onto the internet I went to look for some recipes to test out. I love blueberries..and muffins are a breakfasty food, so I found this recipe from www.allrecipes.com. Most of the recipes I've tried from them have all been pretty good, so I'm beginning to trust this site as a trusty place to go to for recipes. But I'll still look at all the pictures and the reviews. :) They called this the to die for blueberry muffins. And they were actually pretty good. There's a crumble to the top of the muffins that made it soooo good, and fairly easy to make! I didn't have muffin pans (that shall be on my shopping list..) so I used a cupcake pan and made more of them!! :) sorry about the bad quality of the photos, they were taken with my cellphone... oops!!!

Ingredients
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-1 egg
-1/3 cup milk
-1 cup fresh blueberries
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup butter, cubed
-1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners (or I used cupcake pans!)

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.


Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Yes this looks like a baby alien form or something :P


Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries, add more if you like lots :). Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.







Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.









Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.






Yum!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment