Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peppermint Patties

I haven't had a peppermint York in forever, but they're delicious. I never thought of making them from scratch until I got my new issue of the Food Network Magazine and there was a little insert for 50 edible gifts. One of them was (number 44) Peppermint Stars. yum!! It looked easy and painless so I made them!

Ingredients
-2 cups confectioners sugar
-2 tablespoons light con syrup
-1 1/2 tablespoons soften butter
-2 teaspoons milk
-1 teaspoon peppermint extract

Directions
Beat all of the above ingredients until smooth. It will be really crumbly, but you just work it with your hands and the heat of your hands will help meld it all together. I made it into a ball, wrapped it in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Dust with confectioner's sugar and roll out until 1/4 inch thick. I got a mini candy cane cookie cutter.

It was the only one I had at the time. wish I had more of a variety!! But these were cute too!, then I ended up dipping them in chocolate only on the top side.


I had one and it tasted like a peppermint York! except I made them myself! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment