Wednesday, November 30, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Yes, I'm very excited to start baking Christmas cookies. There's so many options and so many recipes!!! But before I start, the other, for some reason, I started craving white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. One of my favorite combos. MMMmmmmm....I went to the grocery store to buy some macadamia nuts, but all they had were ones in this little tiny bag!!

What happened to the ones in the cans?! I couldn't find them anywhere. And these are EXPENSIVE!! well..I guess I need them to make my cookies.. :P

I found this recipe from All Recipes website...pretty handy website for...anything cooking/baking related!

Ingredients

-1 cup butter, softened
-3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 eggs
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon almond extract
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
-1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
(It'll look a little lumpy)

Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. (This is when it smooths out)
Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate..Mmmmm look at all those nuts!! (uhh..haha)

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

uhhhh ummmm.....yummmm...
mmmm...Instead of teaspoonfuls, I actually made mounds more of tablespoonfuls. I like my cookies just a tad bit bigger... mmmm

crap I ate two already. Better go to sleep before I do damage on them. But this Occupy LA on the news is just sooo fascinating.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment