Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brownie Chubettes

I met up with a few girls tonight to discuss the wedding plans of one of the girls. :) her sister, is pregnant. So I thought I'd make something for her (pregnancy=chocolate...remember?) I wanted to make something new so I saw this recipe in my "The Cookie Book" book called the "Brownie Chubettes." Funny, but cute name. These are described as freestanding brownies-gooey and cakey in the center, with a cracked shiny surface like a tray of brownies.

Ingredients
-6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
-2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
-3 ounces (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
-2 eggs
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/3 cup all purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup pecan pieces
-1 cup walnut pieces
-3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

(makes about 3 dozen 2 inch cookies)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the chopped chocolates and butter..

...melt using a double boiler or, like me, in a microwave in like 20 second increments. Keep stirring to melt completely. set aside to cool.

In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, instant coffee, and vanilla.

Using an electric mixer on medium speed, bet until the coffee is dissolved and the mixture thickens, about 1 minute.

Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate mixture.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and stir to completely combine.

Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.

Drop 1 1/2 inch balls onto the baking sheets, placing them about 2 inches apart.


Bake for about 14 minutes or until the tops are cracked and the edges feel firm. The centers will appear a little wet and underdone. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

These are similar to the double chocolate chip cookies recipe from this same book, but definitely not as cakey..I think I like these better...actually, well, maybe not..well..I guess depends on my mood..well..hahah...but then again, you can't ever go wrong with anything chocolate!

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment