Sunday, September 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

Football season has started..I only know this because I work in a predominately male workforce and they talk about it constantly..and my BF is a huge Chicago Bears fan. He grew up just outside of Chicago. So ever since the end of last season, it was.. "5 more months until the beginning of next season!" I heard it the whoolle time. So when the first Bears game of the season came, I decided to throw a football BBQ party to celebrate the first game! I decided to make Stout cupcakes (recipe to follow :D) and a friend requested peanut butter protein cookies. She's very fit and healthy and I feel bad trying to feed her my baked goods haha, so this is one that is a great alternative. I looked on the internet and found a few recipes, I liked this one the best from Fitness and Spice website http://www.fitnessandspice.com/2010/12/peanut-butter-protein-cookies/. They taste like peanut butter cookies and only have 5 ingredients! Pretty good.


Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

1 Egg (or Egg Beater)
1/2 cup Sugar Substitute (I use Splenda)
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder

Whisk together the egg, sugar substitute, and vanilla. Stir in the peanut butter and gradually mix in the protein powder.


Drop by the teaspoon onto a prepared baking sheet,


flatten dough with a wet fork to prevent sticking,


and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies.


It's not your usual baked sweets, but, this one's actually good for you! :D Enjoy!
(do you notice that these pictures are different than ones prior? That's because they're taken with my new camera and lense! I'm just getting used to it and playing around with it, so forgive me if these pictures are perfect yet! or..the ones forthcoming! :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment